Innovative new dermatological treatments are being developed every day. But before all dermatologists can use them for patients, they must be tested.
Valley of the Sun Dermatology (VOSD) is part of the Clear Dermatology family of practices, which includes Clear Dermatology & Aesthetics Center
(Clear) located in North Scottsdale, across from Honor Health Medical Center on Thompson Peak Rd., just east of Scottsdale Rd.
Both VOSD and Clear are led by Board Certified, fellowship-trained dermatologist Brenda LaTowsky, MD
. In addition to providing medical and cosmetic dermatology services to patients across the Valley, Dr. LaTowsky is passionate about clinical research and is one of the only local dermatologists offering clinical trial participation to patients.
Leading a highly-trained research team at Clear Dermatology & Aesthetics Center, Dr. LaTowsky has more than eight years of research experience and has participated in more than 16 clinical trials. These clinical studies are subject to strict regulations and guidelines through the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and are monitored by an Independent Review Board (IRB), which includes independent medical experts, ethicists, and lay people who represent the patient perspective.
People choose to participate in clinical trials for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Lack of access to quality medical care
- A desire to help others by contributing to medical research
- Out of options in finding a successful treatment for their dermatological concern and hoping to find something that works
Regardless of why a person chooses to participate, they are contributing to the development of new treatments for the future, and we share their commitment to advancing dermatology.
Now Enrolling for Clinical Studies
Enrolling for clinical study for mild to moderate psoriasis with itch. Patients must meet the following criteria:
- Males or females age 12 years and up with stable mild to moderate psoriasis with itch
- Must be willing to forgo all other topical or non-topical treatments in treatment area
Benefits of participation:
- Compensation may be provided for time and travel.
- No insurance necessary.
- 14-week study duration with opportunity for rollover into long-term extension.
- Study medication provided at no cost to the patient.
- Examinations done by Board Certified dermatologist.
All studies are done at Clear Dermatology & Aesthetics Center
(20201 N. Scottsdale Healthcare Dr., Ste. 260, Scottsdale 85255). If you are interested in current and upcoming clinical studies or would like more information, click here or call us at (480) 398-1550