Innovative new dermatological treatments are being developed every day. But before all dermatologists can use them for patients, they must be tested.
Valley of the Sun Dermatology (VOSD) is part of the Clear Dermatology family of practices, which includes Clear Dermatology & Aesthetics Center
(Clear) located in North Scottsdale, across from Honor Health Medical Center on Thompson Peak Rd., just east of Scottsdale Rd.
Both VOSD and Clear are led by Board Certified, fellowship-trained dermatologist Brenda LaTowsky, MD
. In addition to providing medical and cosmetic dermatology services to patients across the Valley, Dr. LaTowsky is passionate about clinical research and is one of the only local dermatologists offering clinical trial participation to patients.
Leading a highly-trained research team at Clear Dermatology & Aesthetics Center, Dr. LaTowsky has more than eight years of research experience and has participated in more than 16 clinical trials. These clinical studies are subject to strict regulations and guidelines through the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and are monitored by an Independent Review Board (IRB), which includes independent medical experts, ethicists, and lay people who represent the patient perspective.
People choose to participate in clinical trials for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Lack of access to quality medical care
- A desire to help others by contributing to medical research
- Out of options in finding a successful treatment for their dermatological concern and hoping to find something that works
Regardless of why a person chooses to participate, they are contributing to the development of new treatments for the future, and we share their commitment to advancing dermatology.
Now Enrolling for Clinical Studies
- Compensation may be provided for time and travel.
- No insurance necessary.
- Clinical studies enrolling for brown spots, sun damage, rosacea, freckles.
- All studies are done at Clear Dermatology & Aesthetics Center (20201 N. Scottsdale Healthcare Dr., Ste. 260, Scottsdale 85255)
If you are interested in any of the studies below or would like more information, click here or call us at (480) 398-1550
BROWN SPOTS, SUN DAMAGE, FRECKLES AND/OR ROSACEA
- Do you have benign brown spots, sun damage, freckles or rosacea?
Now enrolling adults with benign dark spots for a study of a cool laser treatment. Participants will receive multiple free treatments by a qualified professional.
If you are interested or would like more information, click here or call us at